GVEC is always looking for ways to make it easier and more convenient for you to do business with us,
and here are two more. Sign up for these GVEC services—it’s simple and only takes minutes to do.
TextPower What could be easier than sending the cell phone text message—OUT—to report an outage? When you use TextPower, you can also get a restoration estimate by texting—STATUS—and a confirmation when power is restored.
- No more fumbling in the dark to report outages. Most people keep their cell phone handy, making it easy to report an outage by text. Be assured, your outage report is routed immediately to our 24/7 Control Center.
- It’s convenient. Even if you experience very few outages, this is something you want to sign up for now, so you can use it when you need it.
- No more questions to answer. When you sign up for TextPower, your service location is associated with your cell phone number, so we know who you are just from your text.
How To Sign Up
For TextPower, your cell phone information first needs to be on your account. (If it isn’t, you’ll need to add it. We can help you with that or you can update it through SmartHub on www.gvec.org.) Then use your cell phone to text GVEC at 85700 and follow the instructions to sign up.
SmartHub Need more hours in the day to get things done? Our customer portal—called SmartHub—is there for you, any time, day or night. Access the portal from your computer at www.gvec.org. Or, download our FREE SmartHub app to your smartphone or tablet for those times when you’re on the go.
- Do you pay bills at the last minute? Log into SmartHub each month to pay online and have your account credited immediately.
- Avoid late payments and fees by signing up for Automatic Payment (it’s an option in SmartHub). This service, at no additional charge, allows GVEC to automatically draft payment from your banking or credit card account on the bill due date.
- Have a question or request, but no time to call? Use SmartHub to request tree service, outdoor light repair, etc. or ask questions about your billing or a rebate. You can also report an outage as well as set email or text message alerts notifying you that your bill is ready for payment or payment has been received.
- Get an idea of how much your next bill will be by logging into SmartHub where you can monitor your energy usage within days of using it. You’ll also find energy management tools for comparing past bills and analyzing your home’s energy patterns. This, along with our team of energy experts, our Member Services Advisors, can help you find ways to use less energy for lower bills.
How To Sign Up
For SmartHub, click Pay Bill at the upper top right of our home page at www.gvec.org. The link takes you to SmartHub—you’ll need a valid email address and your GVEC account number to sign up. Or, download the SmartHub app from the App Store (Apple users) or Google Play (Android users). Make sure you search for the GVEC version of the app.