2015 Scholarship Recipients
2016 Scholarship Recipients
Become a GVEC Scholar
The Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC) encourages our youth to work hard and follow their dreams. Through our scholarship program, we provide graduating seniors the opportunity to continue their education after high school. Each year, GVEC awards over $37,500 in scholarships to outstanding students from across the GVEC service area. Each spring, GVEC holds a luncheon to honor the scholarship winners. We welcome their families as well as the school staff and administrators who helped them along their scholastic journey, to honor and show our appreciation for all their hard work and dedication.
The GVEC Scholarship Program offers a $2,500 scholarship to graduating high school seniors for the current 2016-17 school year. Scholarships are awarded to students attending an institute of higher learning or trade school upon high school graduation. The awarded scholarships are broken up in two disbursements; $1,250 for the fall and $1,250 for the spring semester terms at the recipient’s school of choice. GVEC will send tuition reimbursement funds for the allotted semester upon receipt of the required information requested by the Cooperative. Recipients are responsible to provide the Cooperative with valid course enrollment in addition to paid tuition information in order for funds to be disbursed.
Are you eligible?
- Applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an active GVEC electric account.
- The electric account must be in the name of the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Applicant must be a 2016-17 high school graduate and be able to meet all admission requirements of the college, university or trade school selected.
- Applicant must agree to attend classes as prescribed by the school’s curriculum for the semester in which tuition is paid.
- In all cases, the Cooperative will have the final decision on eligibility of each applicant, and, if for any reason an applicant is found to be ineligible by the Scholarship Selection Committee, the scholarship shall not be awarded.
- Children of GVEC Board of Directors and employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
How do I apply?
Download and complete the GVEC Scholarship Application to you computer now available in a writeable PDF form (Do not fill out online—information will not be saved). Obtain and submit a scholastic transcript. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted and must be signed and/or stamped by school administration.
The GVEC scholarship application file must be labeled as: LastName FirstName Application. The transcript file must scanned and saved as: LastName FirstName Transcript. Scholarship applications and transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at your local GVEC office. Additional instructions and a final checklist are available within the GVEC Scholarship Application.
When do I need to apply?
Complete applications and transcripts must be submitted by email or dropped of at a GVEC office by Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:59:59 PM, CST. Applications received in the mail, by email or after the deadline has passed will not be considered.