GVEC is always looking for ways to make it easier and more convenient for you to do business with us,
and here are two more. Sign up for these GVEC services—it’s simple and only takes minutes to do.
What could be easier than sending a cell phone text message—OUT—to report an outage? When you use TextPower, you can also get a restoration estimate by texting—STATUS—and a confirmation when power is restored.
- No more fumbling in the dark to report outages. Most people keep their cell phone handy, making it easy to report by text. Be assured, your outage report is routed immediately to our 24/7 Control Center.
- It’s convenient. Even if you experience very few outages, this is something you want to sign up for now, so you can use it when you need it.
- No more questions to answer. When you sign up for TextPower, your service location is associated with your cell phone number, so we know who you are just from your text.
- Stay informed. When you report an outage through TextPower, you can also request a status update of when power should be back on as well as receive a text from us when power has been restored.
How To Sign Up
You may already be enrolled in TextPower if your account information included a cell phone number as of September 1, 2017. (You would have received a text message welcoming you to the TextPower program.) New members are also being enrolled when they set up an electric account. However, if you don’t fall into either of these categories or aren’t sure, call us and we’ll check. It will only take a few minutes to get you enrolled.
Need more hours in the day to get things done? Our customer portal—called SmartHub—is there for you, any time, day or night. Access the portal from your computer at www.gvec.org. Or, download our FREE SmartHub app to your smartphone or tablet for those times when you’re on the go.
- Do you pay bills at the last minute? Log into SmartHub to pay online. Your account is credited immediately.
- Avoid late payments and fees by signing up for Automatic Payment. This free service, allows GVEC to automatically draft payment from your banking or credit card account on the bill due date.
- Have a question or request, but no time to call? Use SmartHub to request tree service, outdoor light repair, etc. or ask questions about billing or a rebate. You can also report an outage, and set up alerts when your bill is ready to pay or payment has been received.
- Get an idea of how much your next bill will be. In SmartHub, you can monitor your energy usage within days of using it. You’ll also find energy management tools for comparing past bills and analyzing your home’s energy patterns.
How To Sign Up
For SmartHub, click Pay Bill at the upper top right of our home page at www.gvec.org. The link takes you to SmartHub—you’ll need a valid email address and your GVEC account number to sign up. Or, download the SmartHub app from the App Store (Apple users) or Google Play (Android users). Make sure you search for the GVEC version of the app.