Encouraging our area’s youth to work hard and follow their dreams is the purpose behind the GVEC Scholarship Program. More than $37,000 is awarded each year to graduating high school seniors who want to continue their education at college or trade school. Once scholarship recipients are selected, GVEC holds a recognition luncheon to celebrate their accomplishments along with their families and school administrators.
Scholarships are for $2,500 and awarded in two disbursements: $1,250 for the fall semester and $1,250 for the spring semester at the recipient’s school of choice.
Number of Scholarships Given in 2017
Amount of Scholarships Awarded in 2017
Number of High Schools in our Region
GVEC sends tuition reimbursement funds for the allotted semester upon receipt of the required information requested by GVEC. Recipients are responsible for providing GVEC with valid course enrollment in addition to paid tuition information in order for funds to be disbursed.
- Applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an active GVEC electric account in their name.
- Applicant must be a 2017-18 high school graduate and be able to meet all admission requirements of the college, university or trade school selected.
- Applicant must agree to attend classes as prescribed by the school’s curriculum for the semester in which tuition is paid.
- In all cases, the Cooperative will have the final decision on eligibility of each applicant, and, if for any reason an applicant is found to be ineligible by the Scholarship Selection Committee, the scholarship shall not be awarded.
- Children of the GVEC Board of Directors and employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Thursday, February 1, 2018, to be considered.
Scholarship winners will be notified on Friday, March 9, 2018.