Power Reliability & Rate Options
The Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC) is a progressive and responsive partner equipped for businesses, small and large. We serve one of the largest clusters of commercial and industrial customers in the region and we have the values, work ethic and experience to exceed our members’ needs. That’s just one of the unique aspects of doing business with GVEC.
Trustworthy Power Supply & Service
GVEC procures the wholesale power necessary to meet the constantly increasing energy demands of our consumers through Generation and Transmission resources. Today, our power is purchased through multiple reputable and reliable suppliers. Some of the largest energy producers in the United States provide for GVEC customers through a generation mix primarily consisting of natural gas and hydro.
GVEC is one of the only cooperatives in the nation to be financially rated by two of the world’s largest financial rating institutions including Standard and Poors (S&P) and Fitch Ratings (Fitch). Holding long-term ratings of “A-” with S&P and “A+” with Fitch, these positive ratings are a result of the responsible financial management and strategic planning that are an important aspect of GVEC’s corporate values.
High Reliability Standards
Reliability is serious business. That is why we measure our performance by a set of strict benchmarks. Our current reliability rating is 99.9995%. That means that our members can depend on our service.
This high standard is met through consistent monitoring and maintenance of our electric system. Annual maintenance includes inspecting and changing out thousands of poles, upgrading wire and equipment, establishing new lines, and investing in transmission lines when necessary.
GVEC is committed to providing our commercial and industrial members with competitive and cost-effective electricity rates. We offer multiple classifications and rate schedules to fit specific business types.
Before establishing your service, we will meet with you and select a rate class based on your overall monthly kilowatt demand as well as discuss any further details regarding your needs. Our current rates as of March 2016 include:
*Rates are provided for general information purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
Contact Economic Development staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.223.4832 to confirm information.
Components of GVEC billing include:
- Generation & Transmission Charge – The Generation and Transmission Charge reflects the dollars GVEC pays to our wholesale power suppliers for the power that is then sold, at cost – dollar for dollar, to our members through this charge.
- Distribution Charge – The Distribution Charge reflects the dollars GVEC retains in order to distribute electricity to your location. This is used for the operation and maintenance of the electric system. It is broken down into three separate charges on your bill:
- Service Availability Charge – The Service Availability charge covers the costs associated with having power available to your meter(s), whether or not electricity is used.
- Delivery Charge – The Delivery Charge covers the costs associated with delivering power and is based on actual kWh consumption (electricity that is used monthly).
- Demand Charge – G3, G4, and G5 accounts incur a monthly Demand Charge based on the maximum kilowatts metered during any 15 minute interval within a billing cycle.