GVEC Public Service Award Nominees Wanted!
GVEC’s Public Service Award (PSA) acknowledges substantial, consistent and unselfish community service by deserving individuals and businesses/organizations. We’ve awarded it every year at our Annual Meeting since 1986 (with the exception of 2020). That year, John A. Traeger, State Senator for the 21st Senatorial District of Texas, accepted the inaugural GVEC Public Service Award (PSA). Since then, 43 individuals and organizations have been named.
Full List Of Public Service Award Recipients
- 1987 – Structural Metals, Inc. (SMI) – Seguin
- 1988 – Monthalia Methodist Church – Monthalia
- 1989 – Charter Director and Mrs. Theo Siepmann – Cost
- 1990 – Mrs. Frank Migl – Hallettsville
- 1991 – SAFES EMS – Schertz
- 1992 – Gonzales Volunteer EMS
- 1993 – Mrs. Bryan Denman – Gonzales
- 1994 – New Berlin Community Center
- 1995 – Boy Scout Troop 231 – Shiner
- 1996 – Mrs. John A. Mueller – Seguin
- 1997 – The Timmermann Sisters – Seguin
- 1998 – Benedict’s Farm – Waelder
- 1999 – Fritz Schlather – Cibolo
- 2000 – Memorial Hospital Auxiliary – Gonzales
- 2001 – Texas Lutheran University – Seguin
- 2002 – Hallettsville Knights of Columbus
- 2003 – Seguin Outdoor Learning Center
- 2004 – Gonzales Youth Center
- 2005 – Bluebonnet Youth Ranch – Yoakum
- 2006 – James “Tuddy” Dietz – Seguin
- 2007 – La Vernia Parks Foundation
- 2008 – Operation Homefront – Schertz
- 2009 – Robert Oliver – Cuero
- 2010 – Norma’s House – Gonzales
- 2011 – Guadalupe County Firefighters Association – Seguin
- 2012 – Hal Baldwin—Schertz
- 2013 – Victoria College – Gonzales (Organization) and Carl O’Neal – Yoakum (Individual)
- 2014 – Seguin Agricultural Education & Heritage Center – Seguin (Organization) and Ken Hedrick – Gonzales (Individual)
- 2015 – Keep Cuero Beautiful – Cuero (Organization) and Phil Seidenberger – Seguin (Individual)
- 2016 – Guadalupe County Children’s Advocacy Center – Seguin (Organization) and Sara Post-Meyer – Cuero (Individual)
- 2017 – Seguin Public Library Foundation – Seguin (Organization) and Bill Lopez – Yoakum (Individual)
- 2018 – Joe Adams – Cuero (Individual) and Wade Busby Memorial – Seguin (Organization)
- 2019 – Elaine Stephens – La Vernia (Individual) and Pioneer Village – Gonzales (Organization)
- 2020 – No annual meeting, no award given
- 2021 – Gonzales Healthcare System – Gonzales and Guadalupe Regional Medical Center – Seguin
- 2022 – Jeff Pesek, Shiner, & Cibolo Family YMCA
Our PSA reflects not only GVEC’s priorities, but also the priorities of those we serve: empowering lives and building stronger communities and a brighter future for all who live and work in this region. As revealed above, in addition to healthcare facilities and local government leaders, we also award PSAs to individuals and organizations involved in the following:
- • Agriculture
- • Children’s charities
- • Community development
- • Education
- • First responders
- • Veterans activities
- • Youth empowerment
Do you know of a deserving individual or organization in the GVEC service area making a positive impact on the community? If that’s a yes, we want to hear from you! In 2023, for the first time ever, GVEC’s PSA winner will be selected from a pool of nominees submitted by Cooperative members and customers.
Public Service Award Nomination Guidelines
- Nominations may be submitted by any community member, GVEC employee, or GVEC Board Director online or via printed application available at any GVEC office.
- Nominees are not required to be a GVEC member. However, nominated individuals and organizations must have provided community service to GVEC’s service area during 2022.
- Previous GVEC PSA recipients are not eligible.
- Nominations open October 1, 2022, and close at 5 p.m., December 16, 2022. Written applications must be received at the local office by this time to be considered. However, online PSA applications are preferred.
- Award recipients and the person who nominated them will be contacted by March 31, 2023. The award will be presented at GVEC’s Annual Meeting on June 23, 2023.
Nomination Deadline: December 16, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Nominations must be received online or in print (NOT postmarked) at any GVEC office by 5 p.m., December 16, 2022. If you have questions, please call 800.223.4832.
Download application here or fill out online below.
PSA Nomination Form
Did you know GVEC offers more than electricity? Learn about our other services: AC/Heating sales and service, high-speed wireless and Fiber optic Internet service, solar technology and more.
Stay current on our news and monthly articles as well as get valuable energy efficiency tips and much more.
We’re looking for good people—are you one of them? GVEC offers meaningful careers with advancement potential and excellent benefits.