Due to the rise of COVID-19 cases within our service territory, GVEC has temporarily closed all customer service lobbies, but is accepting in-office visits by appointment. Drive thru lanes will remain open for our customers' convenience at this time. You may also continue to call us for assistance or visit our websites and self-service portals to conduct business with us.


Bill-Pay Assistance

As part of the Power Up Community Fund charitable initiative, 20 percent of the available funds are used for community assistance to help low-income and elderly GVEC members pay their electric bill. Members must qualify for bill-pay assistance through guidelines set by GVEC and the Council of Government Offices who distribute the funds each month.

For assistance with applying for Power Up electric bill-pay assistance, contact the community agency listed for your county.

Community Council of South Central Texas

Fayette County

Combined Community Action Inc.—Giddings

Fayette County

Community Council of South Central Texas

Caldwell County

Community Action Inc. of Central Texas

Caldwell County

Community Action of Victoria

Gonzales, Lavaca, DeWitt, Goliad, Victoria and Jackson Counties

Community Council of South Central Texas

Guadalupe, Comal, Wilson and Karnes Counties

Greater Randolph Area Service Program

Guadalupe County

Home Solutions

Did you know GVEC offers more than electricity? Learn about our other services: AC/Heating sales and service, high-speed wireless and Fiber optic Internet service, solar technology and more.

Learn More


Stay current on our news and monthly articles as well as get valuable energy efficiency tips and much more.

Visit Blog


We’re looking for good people—are you one of them? GVEC offers meaningful careers with advancement potential and excellent benefits.

Browse Jobs