Encouraging our area’s youth to work hard and follow their dreams is the purpose behind the GVEC Scholarship Program. More than $37,000 is awarded each year to graduating high school seniors who want to continue their education at college or trade school. Once scholarship recipients are selected, GVEC holds a recognition luncheon to celebrate their accomplishments along with their families and school administrators.
Number of Scholarships Given in 2019
Amount of Scholarships Awarded in 2019
Number of High Schools in our Region
- Applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an active GVEC electric account in their name.
- Applicant must be a 2019-20 high school graduate and be able to meet all admission requirements of the college, university or trade school selected.
- Applicant must agree to attend classes as prescribed by the school’s curriculum for the semester in which tuition is paid.
- In all cases, the Cooperative will have the final decision on eligibility of each applicant, and, if for any reason an applicant is found to be ineligible by the Scholarship Selection Committee, the scholarship shall not be awarded.
- Children of the GVEC Board of Directors and employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Saturday, February 1, 2020, to be considered.
Scholarship winners will be notified early March.
Scholarship Application Form
Did you know GVEC offers more than electricity? Learn about our other services: AC/Heating sales and service, high-speed wireless and Fiber optic Internet service, solar technology and more.
Stay current on our news and monthly articles as well as get valuable energy efficiency tips and much more.
We’re looking for good people—are you one of them? GVEC offers meaningful careers with advancement potential and excellent benefits.