What is a Home Energy Audit?
It’s a great time to ask questions as our Advisors also share information about how a family’s lifestyle habits impacts energy usage. To make an appointment, call an energy solutions specialist at 800.223.4832.
- Checking to see if you have adequate insulation and ventilation in attics and floor areas.
- Inspecting your heating and cooling system and electric water heater to determine their efficiency.
- Checking the efficiency of your home lighting system.
- Examining windows, doors, skylights, plumbing, electrical openings, and ductwork (if accessible) for air leaks by using an infrared thermal camera and other techniques.
- Evaluating the energy efficiency of your home appliances.
If you’re planning to remodel or build a new home, our energy solutions specialists can help you with that, too. They can visit with you to discuss ways to design and build for greater energy efficiency and maximize the potential of receiving a GVEC Energy Efficiency Rebate. Learn more.