New to the Cooperative
First of all, we want to welcome you as one of the newest member-owners of GVEC! We hope you find that your experience here with our people, products, and services surpass your need and expectations. Below, we’ve compiled a list of important items to review so you can start saving time and money with us!
Understand What Belonging to a Cooperative Means
Understand your Cooperative and benefits.
Browse our community services.
- If you work with a nonprofit organization or school, civic club, community event, or know/have a senior in high school – these services will benefit you.
Save Yourself Time
Explore your bill.
- Understand what goes into your electric bill each month and how it is calculated. This will take the guesswork out of future bills. Know that bills will fluctuate each month based on many factors around on your lifestyle, however one of the largest factors is weather. Bills are typically highest in the cold winter and hot summer months. We have energy efficiency advice, products, and services to help.
Learn how to report and track electric outages, and electrical safety tips.
- Sign up for our outage reporting texting service – TextPower. It’s the easiest way to report outages. With this option, you’ll receive updates on the status of your outage and when it is restored.
- Track outages any time with our outage viewer.
- See the safety section of our website to learn more about outage and electrical safety.
Set yourself up on SmartHub – our electric bill pay and account management system.
- Create a login for our bill pay and account management system, SmartHub. You can access it via computer at www.gvec.org or download the free smartphone app called Smarthub.
Connect with us for your Internet needs.
- Since you have a new place, inquire with us on your needs for Internet. We offer Fiber Power®, the fastest Internet technology on the market today in select areas, and wireless service in the more rural areas.
Save Yourself Money
Identify ways to save money with our energy efficiency services.
- Call a Member Services Advisor at any time for a complimentary energy audit for your home or business. We’ll show you where the money wasters are and offer unbiased advice on efficient options that fit your goals and budget.
- Review our Energy Efficiency Rebate Program. We offer cash back on new home construction, home renovations, and renewable alternatives that meet our guidelines for efficiency. As a bonus, when you shop GVEC Home for applicable products and services, your rebate is instant, no waiting for reimbursement!
- Visit one of our GVEC Home stores online or in person. There you can learn about the largest contributors to your electric bill and purchase products and services to alleviate some of that expense including:
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Options – Window units, mini-split and central systems
- 24/7 Heating and AC Repair – stocked trucks and technicians you can trust
- Kitchen appliances – inventory in stock, financing, delivery, installation, and warranty repair available
- Solar Alternatives
Stay Informed and Involved
- The only way to continue to make the best decisions when it comes to our services for your home or business is to keep up with what’s happening at GVEC through the following resources:
- Visit our additional websites: www.gvechome.com, www.gvec.net, www.experienceguadalupevalley.com
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn: Get major outage updates, efficiency tips, job postings, and more!
- Read Texas Co-Op Power magazine or our GVEC Blog – Each member receives a copy of The GVEC Review within Texas Co-Op Power magazine each month at your home or business. You’ll find updates such as rate changes and energy efficiency information, programs, services, appliance sales, industry and Cooperative news, community organizations and events, recipes, and more! You’ll also see stories and more posted on our blog.
- Attend your District Meeting and the Annual Meeting each year.