Helping members become more energy efficient is important to us which is why we offer a rebate to help offset some of the cost of investing in a high-efficiency AC/heating system. Heating and cooling costs account for up to 50% of your energy bills, so taking steps to make your home’s system(s) more efficient can have a significant impact on your electric usage and save you money in the long run.
- Improvements shall require a licensed contractor in order to participant in rebate program.
- GVEC does not assume liability for work completed by any contractor.
- Must be a GVEC member.
- Items receiving a rebate shall be served by GVEC.
- Please allow up to 6 weeks after receipt of all documents to receive rebate credit.
- All rebates will be payable to GVEC members only.
- GVEC reserves the right to verify all projects in order to meet minimum program guidelines and requirements.
- Additional supporting documents may be required, see additional program requirements for details.
- Government funded improvements do not qualify for GVEC Rebates.
- GVEC reserves the right to make changes to the program without notice.
- Mini split or ductless AC/heating systems to not qualify.
- Improvement shall require a licensed contractor.
- Unit shall be an all electric heat pump system with an 18 SEER or greater efficiency rating
- Auxiliary heating shall be controlled through an outdoor temperature sensor and set at the system’s balance point, preventing unnecessary operation of auxiliary heating.
- Outdoor thermostat setting set above 35° will require a balance point diagram.
- Air distribution system (supply, return, plenum, and cabinet closet) shall be sealed or repaired according to manufacturer’s recommended installation practices and current code requirements.
- System shall be a NEW matching system certified by AHRI. Both condensing unit and air handler/ evaporator coil shall be replaced.
- Applicable to new or existing homes.
- Manual J 8th Edition load calculation to be completed showing the sensible load and total BTU gain at Design conditions of: 75° Indoor, 63° Wet Bulb, 97° Outdoor. Equipment sensible not to exceed 15% of the calculated sensible load.
- Manufacturer’s installation practices and procedures should be followed.
- State and local codes should be followed.
- Manual J 8th Edition Load Calculation showing sensible and total BTU gain at Design conditions of: 75° Indoor, 63° Wet Bulb, 97° Outdoor
- Balance Point Diagram (if Required)
- Signed Invoice showing work completed. No estimates accepted.
- AHRI Certificate
- $650 per unit
Apply for a Heat Pump AC / Heating Rebate
If you have questions about our rebate, read below, call a Customer Service Representative at 800.223.4832 or email email@example.com.