Attention all members and customers:
Due to the Texas Department of State Health Services‘ report of the first confirmed case of COVID-19 within our service territory in Lavaca County on 3/14/20, GVEC will temporarily close our customer service lobbies in Cuero, Gonzales, La Vernia, Schertz, and Seguin as of Monday, 3/16/20. We are taking this step as a precautionary measure to protect both our customers and employees from any unnecessary exposure. Drive thru lanes will remain open for our customers’ convenience at this time.
In addition, GVEC is implementing flexible protocols where possible with our employees to ease challenges from unanticipated school closures as well as lower the shared exposure between our 320+ active and mobile team. The personal needs and health of our employees are of the upmost importance to the Cooperative and we will do what is right to care for them as they continue to care for you.
Rest assured, GVEC is open for business. We are committed to delivering the essential services of electricity, AC/heating, and internet to the thousands of customers who rely on us every day.
The COVID-19 situation will continue to be monitored daily and sensible, responsible decisions made as necessary to help our customers and employees positively navigate the uncertain weeks ahead.
Updates to operational shifts that affect you will be emailed, posted on gvec.org and on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
When you need to contact us, you have choices.
There are many electronic options in place to contact GVEC for your needs:
- GVEC Electric Customer Service: 800.223.4832, Pay your electric bill and report outages via automated IVR system during or after-hours at 888.301.3652
- SmartHub (Electric Online Bill Pay, Account Management, and Outage Reporting): https://www.gvec.org/electric/manage-your-account/
- GVEC Internet Customer Service: 800.699.4832, Online Customer Portal (Internet Bill Pay and Account Management): https://mybroadbandaccount.com/GVEC/
- GVEC Home (AC/Heating, Solar, Electrician Services): 800.328.0630, www.gvecACservice.com
- TextPower – Report outages via text. Text “OUT” to 800.223.4832. https://www.gvec.org/electric/report-an-outage/textpower/
- After Hours Payment Drops and Payment Kiosks – All Customer Service Centers – Cuero, Gonzales, La Vernia, Schertz, Seguin (self-service kiosks only at Schertz and Seguin locations)
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.