At GVEC, our Annual Meetings are important, and we encourage all members to attend. It’s a great way to become better acquainted with GVEC, how we operate as a cooperative, and to get to know your Co-op leadership. The main reason for the Annual Meeting, though, is the election of our GVEC Board of Directors.
We understand it’s not always possible to attend the Annual Meeting and vote in-person. For those who cannot make the meeting, we strongly encourage making your member-owner voice heard, voting by Proxy instead. This is why, in additions to submitting your Official Proxy ballot (found of the cover of the July issue of Texas Co-op Power) by mail, we offer simple options to conveniently cast your proxy vote online.
From gvec.org, click the “Vote Now” button on the home page. Within the voting information text, click the link, or scan the QR code to go to directvote.net/gvec.
In the SmartHub® Mobile app, click the “Vote Now” button at the top of the page. You can also utilize the desktop version of SmartHub, where the “Vote Now” button appears at the top right corner of the page.
Go directly to directvote.net/gvec, and follow these simple steps:
- You may be prompted to enter your Member Number and Election Passcode (located next to your Member Number in the address portion of the Official Proxy ballot and Registration Card on the cover of the June issue of Texas Co-op Power). You may also click “Email login information” to have this info sent to you.
- Under GVEC Board President Lewis Borgfeld’s message, you’ll find a “Voting Instructions” link if you’d like to read more details about the online voting process. Or you can click “Go To Ballot” to cast your vote.
- The Official Proxy page includes links to the biographies of each Director-Candidate/Candidate if you’d like to find more information about them, as well as the proxy ballot itself.
- Follow the voting instructions to either cast your vote in accordance with the Proxy Committee Recommendation as described in the President’s message regarding the Election of Directors, or vote for each District’s Director-Candidate/Candidate individually.
- It’s important to note that District 6 is contested. The Proxy Committee takes no position on this race and will split the proxies assigned to it equally between the two candidates, Leo York and Joe Castilleja.
- Validate your Proxy ballot by checking the box and entering your name at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Go to Ballot Confirmation” to confirm your voting selections.
- From here you can either edit your selections by clicking “Change Votes” or click “Submit Ballot” to cast your votes.
We hope to see you at the 2021 GVEC Annual Meeting, but if not, we hope you’ll take a moment to vote by Proxy. It’s a fast, easy way to be involved in your Cooperative and the decisions made that affect you!